We’re the Experts!
Don’t be misled to believe that contact lenses can be purchased off the shelf like a pair of sunglasses! It takes careful evaluation and often trial contact lens fittings to insure that you receive lenses that will keep your eyes healthy, and seen clearly and feel comfortable. Often symptoms that contact lens wearers experience can be alleviated by careful fitting and follow-up care. At Academy Eye Associates your examination and all follow up visits will be conducted by your optometrist who has years of training and experience in contact lens fitting and problem solving to make certain that your result is the best it can possibly be.
Your initial contact lens examination will include:
- Measurement and evaluation of the eyes
- Diagnostic fitting of lenses to make certain that you will be able to wear contact lenses successfully and to determine the type and design of lens that will work best for your eyes
With modern technology, individuals with almost any kind of eyeglass prescription can see clearly and comfortably with contact lenses. Here’s why it makes sense to consider Academy Eye Associates if you are thinking about contact lenses:
Our doctors have had years of experience and advanced training in fitting even the most difficult cases. They continue to attend courses to stay current in the latest contact lens technology and methods.
- Daily and extended wear soft contact lenses
- Disposable and frequent replacement soft contact lenses
- Astigmatic (toric) contact lenses
- Bifocal contact lenses
- Rigid contact lenses
- Keratoconus contact lenses
- Hybrid soft and rigid combination contact lenses
- Cosmetic and therapeutic tinted contact lenses
- Occluder contact lenses for scarred eyes and for double vision
Often, people that have been told previously that they could not wear contact lenses have been fit successfully in our offices.
We use contact lenses from many different laboratories to give us a greater choice in selecting the right lens for your eyes. Because of the large number of contacts we prescribe, we maintain a large inventory. This means that many people are able to take their lenses home the same day they are fit.
We use lenses from manufacturers including:
- Acuvue (Vistakon)
- Bausch and Lomb
- Cooper Vision
Our office participates in many studies to investigate new lens types being introduced. This helps us stay on the cutting edge of new technology.